Your browser needs Javascript support for this feature. Museu D. Diogo de Sousa - About us
Use Alt+2 access key shortcut to navigate to the search area of the web site.
Use Alt+1 access key shortcut to navigate to the main content area of the web site.

About us

The D. Diogo de Sousa Museum is a public institution and is administered by the Direção Regional de Cultura do Norte.
It was created in 1918 as the D. Diogo de Sousa Museum of Archaeology and Arts. Its main objective was to prevent the dispersion of local patrimony which was until then in the hands of private individuals or institutions.
In 1980, with the revitalization of the museum its objectives were redefined and it became strictly a scientific and cultural organism within the field of archaeology. Its basic activities became centered on the support of archaeological investigation, museology, cultural divulgation, teaching and the protection and preservation of regional archaeological patrimony.
Since then the museum has promoted the creation of local partnerships to enhance its contribution to the protection and preservation of local and regional patrimony.
  • Recommend this web site